Daisy Bassett has been grooming passionately for 11 years. After being trained by one of the best groomers in the area, she gained popularity working in Toronto for several years before opening Dogs by Daisy in Hamilton in 2008. Since then she has actively participated in dog grooming competitions with her Standard Poodles and has several successful wins and placements. Daisy has attended many national and international grooming seminars and has learned from some of the best groomers in the world. She believes it is extremely important to stay current on the latest skills, techniques and products in order to deliver the highest quality of grooming possible.
Daisy feels it is very important that a dog has the same groomer, ideally for his or her entire life. She is very proud that a large portion of her clientelle have been with her since puppyhood and have never been groomed by anyone else. The bond between a dog and a groomer is built on trust and is key for making the grooming experience as enjoyable as possible. That being said Daisy welcomes all dogs of all ages to join her “family”. Dogs are not crated unless they don’t get along with others. This provides a fun and stress-free environment for your dog. Small dogs are usually done in an hour and a half to two hours and large dogs in two to three hours which reduces stress on the dogs and is usually much more convenient for the owner.
Awards and Accolades
- 3rd place – 2014 Toronto Grooming Show: “Everything Else” Class Advanced Level (2014)
- Platinum Award – Hamilton Spectator: Reader’s Choice (2013)
- Platinum Award – Hamilton Community News: Reader’s Choice (2013)
- Gold Award – Hamilton Spectator: Reader’s Choice (2012)
- 1st place – ODGA Groomfest (2012)
- 2nd place – Canada Grooms (2011)
- 2nd place – Ren’s Ottawa Fall Classic: Poodle Division (2011)
- 1st place – Canada Grooms: Poodle Division (2010)
- Platinum Award – Hamilton Community News: Reader’s Choice (2010)